The Irishman prides themselves in continually raising the bar on the quality of Irish Whiskeys released, as well as offering something new and excitingly different. The Irishman 12 Year Old Single Malt delivers on this promise. This outstanding whiskey is the outcome of 12 years maturation in exclusively first fill Bourbon casks. The Irishman 12 Year Old Single Malt is a timeless Irish Malt which is matured in first fill, flame charred Bourbon barrels. Each year we will select only a handful of the best barrels, to make ‘the cut’ for our 12 Year Old. A maximum of 6000 bottles will be produced each year. Each bottle comes numbered by batch as a mark of quality and is non-chill filtered. 43% ABV
- Nose: From the exquisite aroma there is no mistaking the influence of the ex-Bourbon casks with the light sweet spicy notes of vanilla, cinnamon and even a tincture of clove. All balanced with apples and pears, some charred wood and freshly cut hay.
- Taste: The initial sip is a burst of rich flavors, sweet with vanilla delicately bolstered by black peppercorns, reluctantly giving way to a succulent fruity mid-section before slowly fading to leave a very satisfying grassy cereal note.
- Finish: A full body, and the lingering succulent flavor of barley and oak. A touch of creamy dairy fudge and dark chocolate adds to the complexity.
- Gold Medal | New Zealand Spirits Awards 2019
- Gold Medal | Irish Whiskey Awards 2017
- Gold Medal, Best in Class | International Spirits Challenge 2013